The main purpose of an electric knife is to make slicing and cutting meats and other foods less tiring and less time-consuming. The electric knives do the work for you and are there for more efficient when compared to traditional knives. This makes food prep and food service go quicker without making a kitchen hectic. These are very important factors for a busy restaurant, which is a place that can benefit the most from using an electric knife.
If you are contemplating on adding an electric knife set to your kitchen at home or at your restaurant, here are a few important factors to look into:
Blade Length or Diameter
The length or the diameter of the blade will depend on the types of meat you will be cutting often. For softer meats like fish, you can use a smaller and thinner, like those that are typically found with electric knife sets for home use.
Meanwhile, for carving turkeys and larger meats, you will need longer and thicker blades, even if it is just for home use. For commercial use, your electric knife or slicer should have a wider diameter to make cutting through tougher and thicker meats easier. If you buy an electric knife with a smaller blade diameter, it might not cut through the meat efficiently.
Most knives, electric or otherwise are made of stainless steel. This makes the blade more durable and easier to clean, two very important factors when dealing with knives.
A good electric knife should always come with a safety feature. This is to ensure that no accidents will occur while you are using them. As an added safety precaution, keep the knives away from children and pets at all time because even when the power is off, the knife is still very sharp.
There are only two power choices to pick from when it comes to electric knives. They are either battery-powered or come with an electric chord. Both have their pros and cons of course, and your choice will depend on your needs.
Battery Operated Versus Electricity Powered Knives
A battery-powered electric knife gives you the freedom to move around. You are not limited to staying near a power outlet to cut your meat. The drawback with the battery-powered knife is the charging of the battery. You are limited to using the knife for a certain number of minutes before you need to recharge the battery.
A direct electricity powered knife, on the other hand, will limit you to working near a power socket but will give you all the time you need without having to stop to recharge a battery. The power choice will depend on how much cutting and slicing you will need to do on a regular basis.
For small slicing needs like a thanksgiving turkey or a quick meal, a battery-powered knife will do the trick, but for large scale slicings like meats for shawarma, gyro, and kebabs you will need an electricity powered knife for efficiency and effortless cutting.
Benefits of an Electric Knife
Needless to say that an electric knife allows you to work quickly and effortlessly without getting tired or exerting too much effort as compared to a traditional knife. This is most beneficial to people who cut food in bulk or for those who suffer from arthritis and hand cramps.
An electric knife also allows precision and even cutting of both soft and hard types of meat, a necessity for restaurants that serve specialty meat slices who also want to maintain their quality.
Small restaurants and food stalls stand to gain more benefits from the use of a professional electric knife. It is a small price to pay to ensure the quality and consistency of the food you serve to patrons.
If you are interested in adding an electric knife to your kitchen, here is a short list of some of the best electric knives you can find in the market:
5 of the Best Electric Knife Sets
KeyTop Professional and Commercial Electric Knife
Slicing and cutting specialty meats in bulk while at the same time maintaining their quality can be tough to handle for a small restaurant.
Restaurants that specialize in authentic and exotic food like shawarma, gyro, and kebabs need to have their own professional electric knife to ensure the meat they serve is always fresh and can live up to certain standards. This is where the KeyTop Professional and Commercial Electric Knife come in handy.
Read on to know more about its features and the wonders it can do for a professional kitchen.
- Keytop as a brand
- Ergonomically designed handle
- A standard 110-120 voltage requirement
- 80W Power
- Comes with one serrated blade and an extra round blade
- Set comes with a whetstone for sharpening
- 100mm blade diameter and an adjustable 0-8mm cutting depth
- 60kg daily capacity
- Portable, easy to use and clean
- Sold and shipped directly from the manufacturer
- Compatible with any shawarma, gyro, and kebab machine
- Super sharp blades that cut through any meat
- Diversity in meat cut sizes
- Whetstone can easily sharpen blades for a lifetime guarantee
- Easy and safe to handle because of an attached practical blade protector
- Handle fits hands perfectly because of its ergonomic design
- Removable blades make cleanup and maintenance a breeze
- Comes at a very affordable price
- A 7-day return policy for unused and unopened knife sets
- Prone to overheating and breakdowns if overused
- May not perform quite as well as more expensive brands
- Can be too loud if used in small confined spaces
- Blades need to be sharpened and maintained regularly
When it comes to value for money the Keytop Professional and Commercial Knife cannot be beaten. It offers more advantages than disadvantages and the few cons are very manageable. This is an electric knife that small restaurants can afford to invest in, especially if serving freshly cut meats is a top priority.
Coolbiz Professional Wireless Electric Knife
Have the freedom to move around a kitchen while effortlessly cutting meat in bulk is a dream come true for many kitchen staff. The Coolbiz Professional Wireless Electric Knife is one of those rare electric kitchen knives that can be used in a restaurant without being limited to a power socket.
Using this knife can give you the quality-controlled cuts you desire while at the same time leaving you free to move around the kitchen when you need to.
Here are some of the other features and benefits of adding the Coolbiz Professional Wireless Electric Knife to your kitchen:
- Power and quiet motor
- Perfect electric knife for slicing kebabs
- Handle is ergonomically designed
- Compatible with all rotators
- Convenient to use with removable and easy to clean blades
- Comes with whetstone for blade sharpening
- 100mm blade diameter and adjustable cutting thickness ranging from 0-8mm
- Charging time: 90 minutes
- Working time: Use up to 115 minutes continuously
- CE Certified
- Included Accessories in kit: extra serrated blade, 2 batteries, charger, screwdriver, beginner’s manual, and locking pin
- Powerful electric knife without being noisy
- Wireless, handheld knife for mobility
- Cuts through meat perfect for shawarma, kebabs, and gyros
- Two blades gives variation in meat cuts
- Removable and dishwasher safe blades to minimize cleanup and maintenance
- Charging for 90 minutes allows the use of the electric knife for up to 115 minutes
- CE certification to guarantee this is a quality product
- Comes with English manuals perfect for new users
- Charging takes 90 minutes
- Prone to overheating if overused
- Useable for only 115 with every full charge
- Cannot be used without a battery pack
If you want to cut and slice meat at a professional level without sacrificing your ability to move inside your kitchen the Coolbiz Professional Wireless Electric Knife is for you. Just make sure you fully charge the battery before you start and you will cut with precision from beginning to end.
If the allotted 115 continuous use is not enough for you, just charge the second battery pack while you’re cutting and switch it out when the first battery starts to fade. Don’t forget to give the motorized knife a few minutes break in between cutting to stop it from overheating.
Cuisinart’s High-Powered Electric Kitchen Knife Bundle
The Holidays can be a stressful period for everyone. All the more for those who are planning to host a meal or two at home.
If you’ve had the fortune of trying out an electric knife before, you know that there’s no better or more efficient way to carve a roast or a turkey other than to use an electric knife like Cuisinart’s High-Powered Electric Kitchen Knife. On the other hand, if you are one of those skeptics who have not yet held an electric knife in your hands for easy and effortless slicing, read on to know more about the benefits and features this knife can offer.
- A famous electric knife brand
- Two stainless steel blades, one for cutting bread and one for carving meats
- High-powered motor
- Pressure-activated on and off button
- Professional and restaurant quality
- Ergonomically designed handle that fits right and left-handed users
- Set comes in a stylish knife block for space-saving storing
- Safety lock to prevent accidents and mishaps
- Dishwasher and removable blades for easy cleanup after use
- Cut soft bread and thick meats with ease and precision
- Churn out restaurant quality servings
- Both left and right-handed people can use the knife comfortably
- Switch bread and meat blade quickly and efficiently
- Hassle-free cleanup with the removable and dishwasher safe blades
- Easy and space-saving storage because of the wonderfully designed knife block
- Storage knife block comes with a locking mechanism as a safety measure
- A highly recommended and reliable electric knife brand
- Blades can be too thin to slice through very thick meat
- The dual-blade design can sometimes result in food debris getting stuck in between
- Prone to overheating when overworked
Cuisinart’s High-Powered Electric Kitchen Knife Bundle still remains as one of the top choices when it comes to electric knives. It has pleased many users for decades and continues to do so. It is a top-quality brand that can make any kitchen produce restaurant-like servings of food, fit for any holiday meal.
Yes, you may encounter a few issues along the way, but with practice, you will master the proper technique and timing to avoid the usual overheating problems.
Don’t let this usual electric knife issue deter you from investing in Cuisinart’s High-Powered Electric Kitchen Knife Bundle because once it finds its way into your kitchen, you’ll wonder how you survived without it.
Hotkey Professional and Powerful Electric Knife
As previously mentioned, one key ingredient for a successful restaurant, whether it is big or small, is having the right tools for the trade. Restaurants that specialize in certain exotic foods need to be equipped with the right machines to ensure they serve only the best and authentic foods possible.
This is why having an electric knife like the Hotkey Professional and Powerful Electric Knife in your kitchen is an investment worth making.
It will require you to spend extra money on specialty equipment, but the quality of food you will serve will be unmatched, which will help build a loyal customer following, an achievement every restaurant strives to attain.
Here is a brief review on the Hotkey Professional and Powerful Electric Knife you should look at if you are not yet convinced in making this worth it investment.
- Ergonomically designed handheld battery-powered electric knife
- Powerful yet quiet motor
- Compatible with all rotators
- Portable and lightweight for easy handling
- Dishwasher safe and removable blades
- Bundle comes with whetstone for easy sharpening
- Stainless steel blades
- Comes with a practical blade protector for added safety
- CE Certified
- Device specs:
Blade thickness: 1.4mm
Blade Diameter: 10cm
Total weight: 1.61kg
Cutting Thickness: 0-8mm
Charging time: 90 minutes
- A powerful and quite device that can create the perfect shawarma, doner, kebab, and gyro cuts
- Simple and easy design first-time users will be comfortable handling
- Handheld device fits perfectly on all hands
- Sharp blades cuts through different meats effortlessly
- Whetstone included to make regular sharpening and blade maintenance easy
- Allows continuous use for up to 115 minutes before charging again
- Adjustable cutting thickness to allow variety in meat slicing
- Safe and easy to clean dishwasher and removable blades
- Compact and does not consume a lot of space, perfect for small kitchens
- Charging time takes 90 minutes with a limited use to just 115 minutes on a fully charged battery
- Not suitable for cutting meat in bulk
- Overheats if overused
- Cannot be used beyond cutting meats
The Hotkey Professional and Commercial Powerful Electric Knife will make a good addition to any restaurant’s kitchen. It can easily slice and cut through different meats and give restaurant operators access to fresh meat at a moment’s notice. Although this type of professional electric knife needs to charge regularly, its capacity to slice meat is still dependable.
Hamilton Beach 74275 Handle Grip Electric Carve N’ Set
The Hamilton Beach is a brand well-known for its high-quality, durable, and dependable electric knives and the 74275 Handle Grip Electric Carve N’ Set is no different.
Even though there has been a decline in the popularity of electric knives, the Hamilton Beach brand remains a top choice for many kitchens. Here are some of its features and advantages that prove why it deserves its status.
- Well-known and reliable brand
- Carves thick meats and slices soft bread with ease
- Comes with stainless steels blades
- FREE hard case making story easy and compact
- Create cuts with uniform thin and thickness
- Ergonomically designed handle for comfortable and confident using
- Free carving fork included in the set
- Useful and reliable electric kitchen knife
- Strategically positioned blades create even and beautiful cuts
- Ergonomically designed handle makes cutting easy and comfortable, even for first time users
- Carve like a pro in just a few uses
- Easy clean up because of the removable and dishwasher safe stainless steel blades
- Create restaurant quality meat cuts to serve your guests
- Knife at 7 and ½ inches is not enough to cut through large turkeys
- Heavy knife to allow continuous use
- Knife can sometimes get caught between meat joints
When it comes to electric knives to be used at home the Hamilton Beach 74275 Handle Grip Electric Knife Carve N’ Set still comes highly recommended. It has made many users happy for years and once you’ve gotten your hands on this set you will agree that it makes a wonderful addition to your kitchen gadgets.
All electric knives have their issues and you cannot expect to find an electric knife that will require you to stop once in a while to avoid overworking it. These knives are best used in kitchens that require a lot of slicing and cutting, but you can also have one at home for special occasions.
They may not be as popular as they once were, but with reliable brands like Cuisinart and Hamilton Beach producing high-quality electric knives for kitchens, they might just make a comeback soon enough.